[riot-devel] cpu/samd21 is currently filled with SAMR21 files, not SAMD21

Kees Bakker kees at sodaq.com
Sun Apr 24 17:23:24 CEST 2016

Hi,

The files in cpu/samd21 are not really for SAMD21 but for SAMR21.
The two cpu variants are very similar but not quite the same.

The files in cpu/samd21 have been added because of the addition of
the samr21-xpro board.

I'm trying to figure out if I can add my board in RIOT. It is the SODAQ
Autonomo
which is derived from Arduino Zero. It has an Atmel SAMD21J18A (Cortex M0).
Plus we have a new board, the LoRaONE which is a SAMD21G18A.

As said, the files currently in cpu/samd21 tree are meant for the SAMR21.
Now, if I wanted to add my SAMD21 boards, how should I proceed?

--
Kees Bakker