[riot-devel] Generic GSM/UMTS/HSDPA driver

Jose Alamos jialamos at uc.cl
Thu Apr 28 13:05:38 CEST 2016

Hi community!

I have been working on a SIM900 [1] driver and a PPP stack for allowing GSM
internet access in RIOT. The driver has to handle AT commands (for
accessing modem's data mode) through UART and manage the PPP connection.

Since most mobile devices work in the same way, I was thinking about
developing something like a "generic mobile AT based device driver".

For example, linux handles the dial-up part with a chat script (that
consists in a list of AT commands), and then pppd does the rest. I would
like to replicate the same thing in RIOT.

What do you think about the idea?

Best.

[1]: http://www.simcom.ee/modules/gsm-gprs/sim900/