[riot-devel] PPP border router
jialamos at uc.cl
Thu Apr 28 14:46:36 CEST 2016
What do you think about using a PPP link between RIOT and a computer for
border router stuffs?
It should be similar to ethos, but works directly with a ppp counterpart
(pppd, for example).
The advantages of a PPP link are:
- Easy to configure link and network parameters (MRU, IP's, control
characters, etc). This is done automatically by the PPP negotiation
algorithm and it's customizable.
- As pppd runs at kernel level, there's no need to set up a tap
interface (in Mac OS X I think is not straightforward to set up one)
- Can carry multiple protocols in same link (IPv4, IPv6, debugging data,
- It's very stable (it has special packets for monitoring the link)
- It's standard and comes bundled in most OS.
The current implementation of gnrc_ppp is almost done (Link and network
protocols are being negotiated).
Does it make sense?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the devel