[riot-devel] RIOT Release 2016.07

Francisco Javier Acosta Padilla francisco.acosta at inria.fr
Thu Aug 4 22:19:17 CEST 2016

Dear RIOT developers and users,

we are happy to announce the eighth official release of the RIOT:

-------------------------- * RIOT 2016.07 * -----------------------------

This release was focused primarily on fixing bugs, but also adds two new
supported radio transceivers: CC2420 and CC2538.
This new radio support allows to new interoperability tests with other OS,
allowing code size comparison and overall network performance for
platforms based on these radios.

About 198 pull requests with about 325 commits have been merged since the
last release and about 65 issues have been solved. 46 people contributed with
code in 112 days. 632 files have been touched with 19863 insertions and
3682 deletions.

You can download the RIOT release from Github by cloning the repository
[1] or by
downloading the tarball [2], and look up the release notes for further
details [3].

Thanks everyone for All the efforts on this release, I hope we will continue with
this rhythm and continue this great job to make of RIOT the best IoT OS!

Cheers,
Paco

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/releases/tag/2016.07
[2] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/archive/2016.07.tar.gz