[riot-devel] Disable 15.4 Acknowledgements

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Tue Aug 9 16:40:13 CEST 2016

Hi Simon!

On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 02:33:56PM +0200, simon wrote:
> Currently I am testing my TCP implementation between two samr21 Boards
> and a Raspberry Pi as sniffing Probe in between.
>
> My measured network dump contains a few unexpected retransmissions and
> i am unable to distinguish between retransmissions caused by 15.4 and
> retransmissions caused by TCP. Is there a way to disable the 15.4
> acknowledgement and retransmission mechanism?

IIRC auto acknowledgement can currently not be disabled with the at86rf2xx
driver, but you can set the retransmissions to zero. You can do this either
using the shell:

 ifconfig 7 set retrans 0

or directly via netapi:

 gnrc_netapi_set(CCNLRIOT_NETIF, NETOPT_CSMA_RETRIES, 0, 0, sizeof(uint8_t));

Chuck Norris doesn't do TCP handshake - he does TCP roundhouse-kick to initiate
the connection.