[riot-devel] Oneway-Malloc

Sam Kumar samkumar99 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 21:01:08 CEST 2016

Hello,
I noticed that there is a "oneway-malloc" module in RIOT OS. It appears to
be a thin wrapper around sbrk that only supports allocating memory, not
freeing it.

I am doing some development using RIOT OS, and dynamic memory allocation
would be useful to me. Is there already a module that implements dynamic
memory allocation suitable for general-purpose use in the kernel and in
user programs?

If such a module does not already exist, I am willing to contribute a
lightweight implementation of malloc, realloc, calloc, and free to replace
the oneway-malloc module.

Sam Kumar