[riot-devel] Fragmentation support in IP

Adeel Mohammad Malik adeel.mohammad.malik at ericsson.com
Thu Aug 18 18:04:50 CEST 2016

Hi all,

My question is about fragmentation support in IP in RIOT. Does IP in RIOT support fragmentation? The use case I am after is transferring a large blob of data (let's say 5 kilobytes) on the UDP/IP stack in RIOT. Is that possible?

I know that 6LoWPAN supports fragmentation but that is below the IP layer. I am interested in fragmentation at the IP layer so that application running over it in RIOT can send large data.

Regards,
Adeel