[riot-devel] Fragmentation support in IP

Adeel Mohammad Malik adeel.mohammad.malik at ericsson.com
Thu Aug 18 18:27:21 CEST 2016

Hi Thomas,

I agree that IP fragmentation is not an equivalent for data streaming. However it still facilitates transporting data that exceeds the MTU. The use case we are looking at is encryption of IoT data that may result in a few bytes of plaintext being converted to a few kilobytes of ciphertext. Had IP supported fragmentation in RIOT it would have been possible for us to send such data.

/Adeel