[riot-devel] Fragmentation support in IP

Adeel Mohammad Malik adeel.mohammad.malik at ericsson.com
Fri Aug 19 10:45:00 CEST 2016

Hi Oleg,

Yes I looked into it. It did not seem to work right away. Seems like we will have to dig deeper into it. With the time constraints we have, we have a decision to make whether to rely on chunking in CCN-lite or rely on fragmentation in CCN-lite. The fragmentation approach implemented in CCN-lite is the "Begin-End" Hop by Hop Fragmentation scheme (draft-mosko-icnrg-beginendfragment-01) which if I understand correctly does not support recovery of lost fragments. So it seems like a more riskier option in terms of how our prototype will perform compared to using chunking in CCN-lite. With chunking we can retransmit only the lost chunk unlike fragmentation where a lost fragment will mean retransmitting the whole CCN object.

/Adeel