[riot-devel] Radio Modul Drivers - Initialization of Chip-Select-, Reset-, Sleep-, Interrupt-Pin of the MCU

Neo neo at nenaco.de
Fri Aug 19 16:43:41 CEST 2016

Hello all together,
just a question for a better understanding of the initialization process:

I thought that the correct way to set up the MCU interface is to implement
an auto_init-function for the radio module. The MCU interface pins
should be
setup during the auto-initialization. Is this correct?

I found the _init(netdev2_t *netdev) function in the <driver-name>_netdev.c
file and for me it looks like this is exactly the place where the
initialization of
the pins are done. Is this correct?

While debugging a driver I set a breakpoint onto this function, but the
breakpoint
is never reached.

Now my question: From where ist the _init function invoked? What is
necessary
to force this initialization?

Best regards,
Neo