[riot-devel] RFC: development procedures

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Fri Aug 19 22:34:07 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 08/19/2016 08:05 PM, Martine Lenders wrote:
>>> Not necessarily. I would put such links to comments in the commit body
>>> anyway and that is ignored by --autosquash.
>>
>> Not necessarily what?
>
> Rule out --fixup commits

Did you read my email? You cannot change the commit message of --fixup
commits - it is always "!fixup <original commit message subject>"
without body. You can add a body when using "--squash" (the subject will
always be "!squash <original subject>", but that body would always get
folded away by the github interface. If anyone would like to see a
comment you've added to such a commit, you have to press the little
"..." icon.

Kaspar