[riot-devel] gprof for non-native boards

Martine Lenders mlenders at riot-os.org
Mon Aug 22 15:16:02 CEST 2016

Hi,
for stack memory optimizations in GNRC I need some kind of tool to
analyze the call-path of its threads (the stackusage of each function
itself can easily determined using GCC [1]). After some experiments
with some static solutions (I basically went through the list here
[2]) I wasn't able to come to a satisfying result, so I want to go for
a run-time solution. However, we have (undocumented) support for gprof
on native [3]. Has anyone experience with gprof on non-native boards?
What tools do I need to install besides the respective gprof-version?
How do I connect gprof to the board?

Cheers,
Martine

[1] https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gnat_ugn/Static-Stack-Usage-Analysis.html