[riot-devel] gprof for non-native boards

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Mon Aug 22 15:35:37 CEST 2016

Hey,

On 08/22/2016 03:16 PM, Martine Lenders wrote:
> Has anyone experience with gprof on non-native boards?
> What tools do I need to install besides the respective gprof-version?
> How do I connect gprof to the board?

I've tried to set it up but didn't succeed after a couple of hours.
Gprof needs it's augmentation to be initialized, and at some point
(usually at program exit) it's data needs to be written down (or sent
via serial/...).

My problem was a severe lack of documentation on how to set up the
framework for using gprof in baremetal contexts.

Since then a lot happened, and a while ago I found this [1], which looks
like it could be adapted to RIOT.

+1 for digging into this!

Kaspar

[1]