[riot-devel] Exchange CoAP messages between 2 boards

Lotte Steenbrink lotte.steenbrink at haw-hamburg.de
Fri Aug 26 17:57:23 CEST 2016

Hi Alessandro,

> Am 26.08.2016 um 17:26 schrieb ALESSANDRO NICOLI <alessandro.nicoli at studenti.unipr.it <mailto:alessandro.nicoli at studenti.unipr.it>>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build my CoAP environment where i should have 2 CoAP servers and a collector, all 3 these nodes are based on SAMR21-XPRO board and the "microcoap_server" example on the RIOT repo.
>
> I would like that these nodes could talk using CoAP, so, how can i perform a CoAP request from an other microCoAP server or similar?

By default, microcoap does not offer you the ability to build CoAP requests. You can cobble them together manually as a quick fix (as an example on how to you this, you could have a look at https://github.com/watr-li/nodes/blob/master/plant_node/coap_ext.c <https://github.com/watr-li/nodes/blob/master/plant_node/coap_ext.c> ), or you could use libcoap, which offers this functionality out of the box (as far as I know).

Cheers,
Lotte