[riot-devel] BorderRouter: Global IPV6 address lost in ncache after UDP message sent

Alexander Aring aar at pengutronix.de
Tue Aug 30 19:43:17 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 08/30/2016 05:50 PM, Baptiste Clenet wrote:
> Oleg, you were looking for that: https://github.com/openthread/openthread
>
> Martine, Kaspar, AFAIK, OpenThread follow RFC standard and they added
> their part on top of it, but I don't know if it will be fully
> compatible.

OpenThread doesn't use IPv6 neighbour discovery, they use a forked MLE
protocol which is maybe ~80% of that what IETF MLE is. They use MLE for
neighbour discovery, means filling neighbour entries with that. Also I
saw that they broadcast a stateful compression CID over MLE. The rest I
currently try to detect by using the force, ehm source.

Also you cannot be sure that OpenThread really follow any IETF standard
and do they own forks. Please see my question [0].

So OpenThread 6LoWPAN is _maybe_ not IETF 6LoWPAN.

- Alex

[0] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openthread-users/l2hozmMfE2M