[riot-devel] Communication among running RIOT board (native) and unix application

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Wed Aug 31 10:43:40 CEST 2016

Hi Nazmul, hi Michael!

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 09:46:23AM +0200, Michael Frey wrote:
> Am Mi, 31.08.2016, 02:02, schrieb Nazmul Alam:
> > I am new to RIOT and trying to run it in native system. I would like to
> > know if it is possible to add another tap interface to the bridge to
> > monitor two native application's packet transaction and their contents?
>
> have you looked into des-virt? Have you also checked out the tutorials [1]
> at the wiki, such as [1].

There's also a basic documentation available in the gnrc_networking example:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/master/examples/gnrc_networking/README.md

> > I want to communicate with an ipv4 based socket application with one of
> > the
>
> To my best knowledge there is no IPv4 support in RIOT (yet).

In theory lwip, which is available as a package in RIOT, has support for IPv4,
but in practise I think no one has every tested this in RIOT.

Unix is user friendly... its just selective about who its friends are.