[riot-devel] RIOT: new radio support, YARM

Antonio Galea antonio.galea at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 16:27:31 CET 2016

Hello everybody,
in the last few months I've been slowly adding support for a new
hardware module called YARM:

  http://www.acmesystems.it/yarm

The module is quite cheap and has some very interesting features: most
notably, very low energy consumption and extremely long range (it has
been tested for communication at 15km distance on land, 70km at sea -
and could do more).

My RIOT fork, albeit a bit untidy, is working at least for the basic
stuff. The radio driver is still incomplete, though, and I have found
problems when trying to make a border router.

I was wondering if someone on the list might be interested in helping
me out with this port. I have a customer interested in a stable IPv6
mesh networking on YARM, who could sponsor at least part of the
development. My immediate goal is to get IPv6 fully working, but I'd
love to see YARM code integrated into mainstream RIOT at some point.

Any help will be very much appreciated,

Antonio Galea