[riot-devel] wolfSSL port to RIOT OS

kaleb himes kaleb at wolfssl.com
Mon Dec 12 19:55:36 CET 2016

Hi Emmanuel,

https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/6197 <https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/6197>Pull request is up and tested by two developers here at wolfSSL it works great on Mac OS X where gcc maps to clang:
gcc -v
Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr --with-gxx-include-dir=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.42.1)

We had a third developer test on his Mac that has gcc sym linked to a custom version of gcc and he got an error from the combination of -Werror and -Wold-style-definitions which picked up on one of our API’s that returns a pointer. This error is also confirmed to exist on Ubuntu 16.04 with gcc 5.4.0 The API is:

wolfSSL_Mutex* wc_InitAndAllocMutex()

We have included a KNOWN BUGS section in the README as this is an ALPHA test.

Warm Regards,

Kaleb Himes
Software Engineer
www.wolfssl.com