[riot-devel] RIOT-Os support for ESP8266

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 23:00:06 CET 2016

Hi,

> On 5 Feb 2016 14:28, "David Lyon" <david.lyon at clixx.io> wrote:
>> My understanding is that there is a C SDK for the ESP8266 and you could
easily* port RIOT onto the ESP8266.

Espressif backs-up ESP8266 with their SDK bare-metal, as well as SDK based
on FreeRTOS. Both have shady licensing of several components.

I suggest you to take a look at community SDK based on GCC maintained by
pfalcon, which does effort to replace proprietary components with open ones.

A step forward is an modification of pfalcons SDK with adds FreeRTOS
support, called and adds ports for some useful some blocks, like mbedTLS. I
think that this can be good starting point.

I do not have links because I am writing from my phone, but they will be
easy to find...

BR,
Drasko