[riot-devel] USB BLE HCI protocol

Johann Fischer j.fischer at phytec.de
Mon Feb 8 11:37:17 CET 2016

Hello Phanindra,

Am 08.02.2016 um 11:03 schrieb PHANINDRA SURA:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to work on the above issue, related to Bluetooth low Energy,a
> topic of my interest.
> Please tell me the pre-requisites to be learnt for contributing to this
> task.

You need the following hardware:
- a Bluetooth compatible transceiver connected to a NXP Kinetis or Atmel
SAM[R,D]21 MCU (for these both exist the usb device driver for RIOT).

You need the following software support:
- a Bluetooth compatible protocol stack (there is no one mainline)

> Where can I find relevant material to build my knowledge on these
> protocols.

See [1...3], but based on the questions that you ask, I do not think it
is an appropriate project for you, maybe one of [4]?

[1] https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications
[2] http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/
[3] http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/bluetooth/btusb.c
[4] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/labels/Newbie-Task-Candidate