[riot-devel] Counting retransmissions on at86rf2xx

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Tue Feb 9 15:02:35 CET 2016

Dear rebasing IOTlers,

this question goes mostly to people working on MAC protocols and those who are
working on non-GNRC network stacks: is there any branch I can use to count the
number of retransmissions on the link layer? With the default at86rf2xx driver
and GNRC's nomac, the driver takes care about link layer retransmissions
automatically without any possibility to access the actual numbers. I took a
brief look in https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/3730 and
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/4184, but couldn't determine if they are
not also using (at least partly) the extended operation mode of the device for
link-layer auto-acks.

Or does lwip or emb6 provides its own MAC layer implementation by any chance?

The bad thing about Haskell jokes is that let understood = map (isJust .
understand) $ repeat joke in or understood == False