[riot-devel] Counting retransmissions on at86rf2xx

Daniel Krebs mail at daniel-krebs.net
Tue Feb 9 17:15:09 CET 2016

Hi Oleg,

speaking for my PR (3730), I don't use automatic retransmission except
for the final payload packet, given that the packets that negotiate a
connection don't use Link-Layer ACKs. I don't change the number of retries.

However, if you are interested in the retransmission count for the
default stack (i.e. at86rf2xx + nomac), you can find the count for the
current transmission in regsiter XAH_CTRL_2 of the transceiver. But to
my knowledge, this isn't implemented yet.

For which metric are you interested in link-layer retransmissions?

Cheers,
Daniel