[riot-devel] Counting retransmissions on at86rf2xx

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Tue Feb 9 17:28:13 CET 2016

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for your timely reply!

On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 05:15:09PM +0100, Daniel Krebs wrote:
> However, if you are interested in the retransmission count for the default
> stack (i.e. at86rf2xx + nomac), you can find the count for the current
> transmission in regsiter XAH_CTRL_2 of the transceiver. But to my knowledge,
> this isn't implemented yet.

Ah, thanks for the pointer. Unfortunately, this register is only available on
the AT86RF233, but not on the AT86RF231. Since I'm performing my experiments
on the IoT-LAB testbed and the nodes there are equipped with the AT86RF231,
I'm doomed here.

> For which metric are you interested in link-layer retransmissions?

I'm running some experiments where I tune parameters on the upper layers as
well as on the link-layer and want to evaluate how many packets were actually
required in different settings to retrieve data in a multi-hop scenario.

DPRINTK("doing direct send\n"); /* @@@ well, this doesn't work anyway */
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/atm/eni.c