[riot-devel] Counting retransmissions on at86rf2xx

Daniel Krebs mail at daniel-krebs.net
Tue Feb 9 17:35:20 CET 2016

Hi Oleg,

> I'm running some experiments where I tune parameters on the upper
> layers as well as on the link-layer and want to evaluate how many
> packets were actually required in different settings to retrieve data
> in a multi-hop scenario.
The only thing that comes to my mind would be measuring the time inside
the driver for AT86RF231. Since you know the frame length and
transmission times are deterministic, you should be able to deduct the
number of retransmissions. But CSMA then might be a problem, because it
introduces random delays :/

Cheers,
Daniel