[riot-devel] devel Digest, Vol 36, Issue 12

ra162647 at students.ic.unicamp.br ra162647 at students.ic.unicamp.br
Wed Feb 10 14:48:47 CET 2016



Re: How can link RIOT to other network simulators (Michael Frey)

Hi all and Michael
Thanks for your reply and guides. I see on the internet that there was  
a project about "Supporting RIOT in ns3".
Is it finished and is it working now? If there is any related page  
could u introduce me?
I am trying to find a  way to link Riot with LXC based network  
emulators. Is it possible that I start to do that? Could you guide me  
where do i have to start? What do i have to do? or any other Guide?

> Send devel mailing list submissions to
> 	devel at riot-os.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	https://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	devel-request at riot-os.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	devel-owner at riot-os.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of devel digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. avoid xtimer in drivers/mpu9150 (Francisco Javier Acosta Padilla)
>    2. How can link RIOT to other network simulators
>       (ra162647 at students.ic.unicamp.br)
>    3. Odd problems with xtimer (Michael Andersen)
>    4. Re: How can link RIOT to other network simulators (Michael Frey)
>    5. New to RIOT (Krishna Kumar)
>    6. Re: New to RIOT (Cenk Gündogan)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 17:48:23 +0100
> From: Francisco Javier Acosta Padilla <francisco.acosta at inria.fr>
> To: RIOT OS kernel developers <devel at riot-os.org>
> Subject: [riot-devel] avoid xtimer in drivers/mpu9150
> Message-ID:
> 	<etPan.56ba1857.6c00398c.2a1 at 193.55.177-202.saclay.inria.fr>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Hello!
>
> I’m doing some tests on the platform cc2538dk for the i2c low level driver.
>
> I’d like to know if there is another way to do “xtimer_usleep” on  
> the driver for mpu9150, since xtimer is not fully functional yet for  
> this platform.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- 
> Francisco Javier Acosta Padilla
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:  
> <http://lists.riot-os.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20160209/14828bb0/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 21:16:22 -0200
> From: ra162647 at students.ic.unicamp.br
> To: devel at riot-os.org
> Subject: [riot-devel] How can link RIOT to other network simulators
> Message-ID:
> 	<20160209211622.Horde.g3TLU9DGRDGw0894MxzM3qF at webmail2.students.ic.unicamp.br>
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed; DelSp=Yes
>
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I was wondering if there is a standalone library or any other way that
> make it possible to add RIOT to other network simulators?
> If yes, could u please guide me how I can do that?
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 22:57:47 -0800
> From: Michael Andersen <michael at steelcode.com>
> To: RIOT OS kernel developers <devel at riot-os.org>
> Subject: [riot-devel] Odd problems with xtimer
> Message-ID:
> 	<CAPLpPrv36GMo1_oZuh0re4hbok_F=KC1Aj_N8+Zen15HzVOPbg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Hi
>
> I am new to RIOT, so I hope this is user error, but I am having some grief
> inside xtimer. I am running a mesh of nodes with a full RPL stack (in case
> that's relevant) and the biggest problem I have at the moment is nodes
> hanging in _add_timer_to_list in xtimer_core (link
> <https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/sys/xtimer/xtimer_core.c#L210>)
>
> Using GDB, it seems that one of the nodes in the list points to itself,
> hence the endless loop.
>
> (gdb) print/x *list_head
> $3 = 0x200010a4
> (gdb) print/x (*list_head)->next
> $4 = 0x200010a4
>
> My first question is: when is this possible? It seems at first glance that
> all code paths that lead here call remove_timer to prevent this sort of
> problem. I don't access a the same timer object from two different threads.
> My code using xtimer functions is not reentered.
>
> I don't use that many timer operations in my application code, but I do
> assume that the following functions don't require any freeing or removing
> afterwards, am I wrong?
>
> xtimer_now
> xtimer_set_msg (the msg is statically alllocated)
> xtimer_msg_receive_timeout
> xtimer_usleep_until
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:  
> <http://lists.riot-os.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20160209/1f9cd140/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 07:59:59 +0100 (CET)
> From: "Michael Frey" <frey at informatik.hu-berlin.de>
> To: "RIOT OS kernel developers" <devel at riot-os.org>
> Subject: Re: [riot-devel] How can link RIOT to other network
> 	simulators
> Message-ID:
> 	<51735.78.52.84.16.1455087599.squirrel at www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de>
> Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1
>
> Hi,
>
> Am Mi, 10.02.2016, 00:16, schrieb ra162647 at students.ic.unicamp.br:
>
>> I was wondering if there is a standalone library or any other way that
>
> there is no such thing. However, you can run RIOT in cooja [1].
>
>> make it possible to add RIOT to other network simulators?
>> If yes, could u please guide me how I can do that?
>
> I don't know what you want to do, but maybe [2] is also interesting for you?
>
> Best,
>  Michael
>
>
> [1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/RIOT-and-Cooja
> [2] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Virtual-riot-network
> --
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH), M. Sc. Michael Frey
> Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
> Department of Computer Science
> Rudower Chaussee 25
> 12489 Berlin, Germany
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 13:46:51 +0530
> From: Krishna Kumar <krishnaklooper at gmail.com>
> To: devel at riot-os.org
> Subject: [riot-devel] New to RIOT
> Message-ID:
> 	<CAPxLAt_bz7yoBsGa7ARMwLsrJf-LJZX5AhpUVcd7NTXHu6j_ig at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Hello Sir
>
> I am Krishna, currently doing my btech from Indian Institute of Information
> technology,Allahabad India.
> I came to know RIOT as an organisation from GSOC-15 and I wanted to
> contribute to Riot.I am new to open
> source development and dont know where to start.I am quite thorough with
> the Computer Organisation And Architecture
> ,Operating Systems,Digital Electronics,Data-Structures And Algorithms as
> they were my Course Subjects.Morever
> I own and have worked with Arduino UNO and Arduino Mega using Arduino IDE.
> Apart from ArduinoMega devboard I have used Atmega2560 with AVR
> platform(avr-gcc) and avrdude to flash it on the device.I have also worked
> with a robot FirebirdV5
> http://www.nex-robotics.com/products/fire-bird-v-robots/fire-bird-v-atmega2560-robotic-research-platform.html
> and
> Intel 8086 Microprocessor. While I was going through the github and the
> Tutorial-RIOT(http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/840499/RIOT-Tutorial)
> <http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/840499/RIOT-Tutorial> to familiarise
> with RIOT ,i got
> stuck while running on native as i am not able to use "addr" command to
> specify address because the shell doesnt have any
> command called "addr",just help me in this case.Also i wanted to ask what
> should i learn and do so that i get familiarized with
> RIOT and become able to contribute.
>
> Thanks,
> Krishna
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:  
> <http://lists.riot-os.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20160210/d3bcfe81/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 09:28:25 +0100
> From: Cenk Gündogan <cenk.guendogan at fu-berlin.de>
> To: devel at riot-os.org
> Subject: Re: [riot-devel] New to RIOT
> Message-ID: <56BAF4A9.2040506 at fu-berlin.de>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; Format="flowed"
>
> Hello Krishna,
>
> Welcome to the RIOT community!
> Glad to hear that you want to contribute.
>
> The link you were referring to seems to be outdated.
> You can find more information here [1].
>
> Basically, instead of using the `addr` command,
> you can obtain or set the hardware address with
> the `ifconfig` command.
> `ifconfig` to show all the information
> `ifconfig <interface> set hwaddr <address>` to set the address.
>
> Cheers,
> Cenk
>
> [1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki
>
> On 10.02.2016 09:16, Krishna Kumar wrote:
>> Hello Sir
>>
>> I am Krishna, currently doing my btech from Indian Institute of
>> Information technology,Allahabad India.
>> I came to know RIOT as an organisation from GSOC-15 and I wanted to
>> contribute to Riot.I am new to open
>> source development and dont know where to start.I am quite thorough
>> with the Computer Organisation And Architecture
>> ,Operating Systems,Digital Electronics,Data-Structures And Algorithms
>> as they were my Course Subjects.Morever
>> I own and have worked with Arduino UNO and Arduino Mega using Arduino
>> IDE. Apart from ArduinoMega devboard I have used Atmega2560 with AVR
>> platform(avr-gcc) and avrdude to flash it on the device.I have also
>> worked with a robot FirebirdV5
>> http://www.nex-robotics.com/products/fire-bird-v-robots/fire-bird-v-atmega2560-robotic-research-platform.html  
>> and
>> Intel 8086 Microprocessor. While I was going through the github and
>> the
>> Tutorial-RIOT(http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/840499/RIOT-Tutorial)  
>> <http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/840499/RIOT-Tutorial>
>> to familiarise with RIOT ,i got
>> stuck while running on native as i am not able to use "addr" command
>> to specify address because the shell doesnt have any
>> command called "addr",just help me in this case.Also i wanted to ask
>> what should i learn and do so that i get familiarized with
>> RIOT and become able to contribute.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Krishna
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> devel mailing list
>> devel at riot-os.org
>> https://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:  
> <http://lists.riot-os.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20160210/8dce6a04/attachment.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> devel mailing list
> devel at riot-os.org
> https://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of devel Digest, Vol 36, Issue 12
> *************************************



More information about the devel mailing list