[riot-devel] Documentation of the RIOT-OS

Bernhard Nägele bernhard at naegele-privat.de
Mon Feb 15 03:21:04 CET 2016

Hello everybody,
I've worked the whole weekend to understand where you have to add the
makefile statements to get a new network device running. It is really
aweful to hop from one example to the other / from one sense-less
tutorial to the other to understand the behaviour of the system.
Is there no central information available, where you have to add things
to get for example a new driver running? There
is a missing link - no information how the parts stick together. A real
porting guide - a real driver implementation guide...
I think not only the technical aspects of such a nice software is
important - also the ease of use.
At the moment I need the information how to get the sixlowpan stack
running with a real network-radio device.
Have you got a hint, where I find the most useful description?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Bernhard