[riot-devel] Support for Microchip MRF24J40 Radio Module

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Mon Feb 29 08:37:17 CET 2016

Hi Bernhard,

I'm a bit confused. Just some days ago @TobiasFredersdorf stated to work
on this. Did you synchronize each others?

Regarding the module initialization: Honestly I don't quite understand
your doubts. Yes it is a signed 16 bit integer in dBm. The quantization
to valid values is done inside the function. It makes things easier for
the netdev(2) abstraction.

You won't get an OpenLabs transceiver within days. By experience not
even within two weeks. If you want to cross-test drivers you could

a) get an Atmel samr21-xpro (same transceiver as OpenLaps on board) and
run RIOT
b) get a Phytec evaluation kit. There you can cross-test with kinetis
kw2x transceivers on either RIOT or Linux
c) use the MRF24J40 with the Linux driver on a RasPi
d) work together with @TobiasFredersdorf. He hast the hardware available.

Cheers
Peter