[riot-devel] Raspberry Pi 3 and packet sniffing

Alexander Aring alex.aring at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 12:01:04 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 09:30:16PM +1200, Aaron Sowry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yeah I tried a few different speeds with no luck - according to the
> docs the default is now 3 MHz anyway. If I could at least get garbled
> packets *consistently* this would be a step in the right direction,
> but the fact that it's sporadic makes debugging things rather
> difficult...

there was one guy @#linux-wpan channel which had similar issues on
RPi2 or RPi3? and he fixed it by using the mainline kernel _NOT_ rpi
kernel.

I never used myself the rpi kernel for RPi2 so I can't say if this is
broken or not.

Maybe you have the chance to build a recent mainline kernel from
kernel.org. I don't know the RPi3 support, fast googling result into
[0], which seems to be available at "git://git.kraxel.org/linux
bcm2837".

- Alex

[0] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-rpi-kernel/2016-June/003916.html