[riot-devel] Long time sleeping of the microcontroller

Bas Stottelaar basstottelaar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 14:22:51 CEST 2016

Hi Bernard,

I have created two examples that leverages the low-power modes of the EFM32 MCU that I am working on.

Although this example is still very hardware dependent (because it is device-specific that the RTT can wakeup the MCU from sleep), I can get it down to 10µA in sleep (without other optimizations) with a wakeup time of ~2µs.

If you are interested, see https://github.com/basilfx/EFM2Riot/blob/master/dist/examples/sleep_wakeup/main.c <https://github.com/basilfx/EFM2Riot/blob/master/dist/examples/sleep_wakeup/main.c>, https://github.com/basilfx/EFM2Riot/blob/master/dist/examples/sleep_wakeup_measure/main.c <https://github.com/basilfx/EFM2Riot/blob/master/dist/examples/sleep_wakeup_measure/main.c> and probably https://github.com/basilfx/EFM2Riot/blob/master/dist/cpu/efm32_common/lpm_arch.c <https://github.com/basilfx/EFM2Riot/blob/master/dist/cpu/efm32_common/lpm_arch.c> too.

Kind regards,
Bas