[riot-devel] Regarding RNDIS support

Johann Fischer j.fischer at phytec.de
Mon Jun 6 13:25:54 CEST 2016

Hi,

Am 06.06.2016 um 11:55 schrieb shishir tiwari:
> Hello,
>
> As RIOT support Ethernet devices and USB device , Is someone working
> on rndis(Remote Network Driver Interface Specification)  Protocol.??

I am working on usb device support for RIOT. There is a PR[1] for it,
but it is outdated and will be rebased/updated with [2].

[2] supports kinetis and sam[r,d]-21. The CDC-ACM and CDC-ECM support is
very anstable and WIP. Currently I am working on the stability of CDC-ACM.

I plan:
- remove CDC-ECM first
- add a netdev2-802154-over-usb interface and opposite driver for linux
kernel :-)

About RNDIS:
- why should RIOT supports a Microsoft proprietary protocol?
- why not CDC-ECM or CDC-EEM ?

[2] https://github.com/jfischer-phytec-iot/RIOT/tree/test%40cdc-ecm

--
Johann Fischer