[riot-devel] Raspberry Pi 3 and packet sniffing

smlng s at mlng.net
Mon Jun 6 14:26:48 CEST 2016

Hi Aaron,
Hi Alex,

first I can confirm that with latest default Raspbian and Kernel 4.4.* I saw nothing with wireshark, though the interface was up and running, no error in dmesg or anything.

However, I just compiled a Kernel v4.7.y following my guide in [1], and it works! I sniffed traffic between another RasPi (1 B+) and some RIOT nodes and was also able to ping the other RasPi.

@Aaron: Could you test/verify this using the newer Kernel, thanks!

Best
  Sebastian

[1]: https://github.com/RIOT-Makers/wpan-raspbian/wiki/Create-a-generic-Raspbian-image-with-6LoWPAN-support#4-new-linux-kernels-for-the-pi