[riot-devel] Regarding RNDIS support

Johann Fischer j.fischer at phytec.de
Mon Jun 6 16:12:38 CEST 2016

Hello Stefan,

Am 06.06.2016 um 14:39 schrieb Stefan Schmidt:
>> I am working on usb device support for RIOT. There is a PR[1] for it,
>> but it is outdated and will be rebased/updated with [2].
>>
>> [2] supports kinetis and sam[r,d]-21. The CDC-ACM and CDC-ECM support
>> is very anstable and WIP. Currently I am working on the stability of
>> CDC-ACM.
>>
>> I plan:
>> - remove CDC-ECM first
>> - add a netdev2-802154-over-usb interface and opposite driver for
>> linux kernel
>
> Could you elaborate on this part? I'm not sure I understand what your
> plan is here.
>
> If your plan is to expose 15.4 level API over USB and write a matching
> Linux Kernel driver that fits into linux-wpan at least Alexander and
> myself would be interested in your plans. :)

That's exactly what I planned. For the beginning we can take the netdev2
for it. If we (someday) have a proper MAC in RIOT, then it may be a
better way to use it with linux hardmac interface and to build a 15.4
dongle based on RIOT.

We currently have even the hardware for it [1] and a SAM-R21 Xplaned
board can also be used as the dongle.

Unfortunately, I have some ugly bugs in CDC-ACM code and the code needs
clean up, when it is fixed i will update [2].

[1] http://www.phytec.de/produkt/internet-of-things/phystick-kw2x/

Johann Fischer