[riot-devel] Working on port to SODAQ Autonomo (SAMD21)

Kees Bakker kees at sodaq.com
Sun Jun 12 21:14:52 CEST 2016

Hi,

This is a heads up to let you know I'm working on a port of
RIOT to SODAQ Autonomo, which has an Atmel samd21 (like
Arduino Zero).

First I moved the existing cpu/samd21 tree to cpu/samr21. Then
I added the samd21 CMSIS files from Arduino and the board files
for the SODAQ Autonomo. For that, I copied several files from
samr21-xpro.

In the process I learned how to use the Atmel-ICE and how to
debug via openocd. Nice :-)

At the moment I can step through the hello world example. But
I have no idea where the output is going. That's my next challenge.

Meanwhile the changes and additions are available in my fork at

     git at github.com:keestux/RIOT-OS

Branch sodaq-autonomo.

--
Kees Bakker