[riot-devel] Working on port to SODAQ Autonomo (SAMD21)

Kees Bakker kees at sodaq.com
Wed Jun 15 22:07:59 CEST 2016

On 15-06-16 09:32, Peter Kietzmann wrote:
> Hi Kees,
>
> if you volunteer you could start with moving code to samd21_common and
> open PR(s) for that :-).

Well, OK. I'll give it a try.

> Seems like a step in the right direction. I personally won't find time
> for that unfortunately. On our side we could test your PR(s) with the
> samr21-xpro board and AFAIK Kaspar has a saml21-xpro board.

Do you have a "build farm" of some sorts? Or do you run tests manually?

> Regarding the UART issue, could you give some more insights about the
> pad you want to add to uart_conf_t? I just gave it a quick look into
> the reference manual
>
> http://www.atmel.com/images/atmel-42181-sam-d21_datasheet.pdf
>
> but on the first sight I didn't see a difference to
>
> http://www.atmel.com/Images/Atmel-42223%E2%80%93SAM-R21_Datasheet.pdf

My UART changes have nothing to do with samd21 versus samr21. It's about
selecting a
pin for RX, TX.
For example, on Autonomo use pin PA10 for TX. PA10 is PAD2 of SERCOM0,
with MUX C.
The samr21_xpro has PA4 as TX, PA4 is PAD0 of SERCOM0 (ALT) with MUX D.
--
Kees