[riot-devel] Working on port to SODAQ Autonomo (SAMD21)

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Thu Jun 16 11:36:21 CEST 2016

Hi Kees,

Am 15.06.2016 um 22:07 schrieb Kees Bakker:
> On 15-06-16 09:32, Peter Kietzmann wrote:
>> Hi Kees,
>>
>> if you volunteer you could start with moving code to samd21_common and
>> open PR(s) for that :-).
>
> Well, OK. I'll give it a try.
>
>> Seems like a step in the right direction. I personally won't find time
>> for that unfortunately. On our side we could test your PR(s) with the
>> samr21-xpro board and AFAIK Kaspar has a saml21-xpro board.
>
> Do you have a "build farm" of some sorts? Or do you run tests manually?

We have static build tests (tool named "Murdock") which can be enabled
by maintainers in a PR. The rest is done manually with review and local
testing.

>> Regarding the UART issue, could you give some more insights about the
>> pad you want to add to uart_conf_t? I just gave it a quick look into
>> the reference manual
>>
>> http://www.atmel.com/images/atmel-42181-sam-d21_datasheet.pdf
>>
>> but on the first sight I didn't see a difference to
>>
>> http://www.atmel.com/Images/Atmel-42223%E2%80%93SAM-R21_Datasheet.pdf
>
> My UART changes have nothing to do with samd21 versus samr21. It's about
> selecting a
> pin for RX, TX.
> For example, on Autonomo use pin PA10 for TX. PA10 is PAD2 of SERCOM0,
> with MUX C.
> The samr21_xpro has PA4 as TX, PA4 is PAD0 of SERCOM0 (ALT) with MUX D.

Ok I got it. Agree that it makes sense to expand the configuration type.

> But as I'm probably biased, do others feel that the folder scheme should
> more reflect a vendor's scheme?

I'd like to have the most generic abstraction (e.g. samd21, saml21 and
probably samr21) and better no separate folders for each CPU variant.
However, I can't estimate the feasibility of that in order to allow
support for all these variants. Let's move this discussion to your PR.

Best
Peter

--
Peter Kietzmann