[riot-devel] OpenThread port: IEEE802.15 ACK

Jose Alamos jialamos at uc.cl
Thu Jun 16 17:18:32 CEST 2016

Hi community,

I'm porting the OpenThread stack to RIOT. I have hooks for sending and
receiving frames and for transmision/reception "Done" signals (TransmitDone
and ReceiveDone)

In their examples they are manually checking/sending IEEE802.15 ACK before
calling the corresponding Done hook, but I'm not sure if I should do the
same from RIOT. Are drivers in charge of handling these ACKs (so RIOT's
TX_COMPLETE is triggered after receiving ACK)?

Basically I have to call the TransmitDone hook when the transmission is
done, and that's only if the ACK is received.

Best regards