[riot-devel] about mqtt on riot os

Michael Frey frey at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Jun 23 23:16:35 CEST 2016

Hi Andy,

Am Do, 23.06.2016, 15:56, schrieb Andy Rosete:

> Hello my name is andy, Im from Spain and I'm studing a Informatic Master.
> My work for the master degree is implement MQTT protocol on RIOT OS, i've
> been searching information about it and i don't sure if that things was
> implemented.

I'm working on a MQTT-SN client right now. While I've originally planned
to be done with it some time ago, I've had only a limited amount of time
to work on this. However, most things are done and need only to be tied
together and tested. Currently, I hope to open a pull request before the
RIOT summit in Mid-July so it can become hopefully part of the next RIOT
release.

> I would ask if you have implemented it, in case of not, please could you
> help me with information about where can i search or some advise.

I would suggest that we take this off-list since discussing the finer
details of the MQTT-SN implementation and its differences to MQTT are
probably not that much interesting for everybody else on this list. I'll
get back to you in an "extra" mail by tomorrow.

Best,
 Michael
--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH), M. Sc. Michael Frey