[riot-devel] RIOT, Windows, and Code Composer Studio

malo malo at 25cmsquare.io
Fri Jun 24 11:49:24 CEST 2016

Hello Clark,

I'm happily building/flashing/debugging riot with windows CCS. At the
moment have working only some older riot code base build by TI compiler.
Have it working with newlib and 20 bits support as well. The problem is
that is ugly, since TI compiler does not support naked functions and have
to move SP manually at few places.
Nevertheless I have 6lowpan host - atmel RF233 attached to msp430f2618 with
coap server on top working with RPI2 on other side .

The plan is to move to GNU compiler and make official 20bits/newlib
support. At the mo have msp-exp430f5529lp on my table - that could be nice
kit for the official port.

I'm not aware of any documents how to build riot with CCS (was not
searching that hard) but in general I just took core files one by one and
defined few macros to make it happy. After had the core working just added
networking and radio driver.

wbr
malo