[riot-devel] RIOT, Windows, and Code Composer Studio

Clark Leach clark.leach at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 19:57:49 CEST 2016

Martine,
Yup. That's what it sounds like.  I have to wonder why, since CCS gives as
options for toolchain the following: Cross GCC, Microsoft Visual C++, MinGW
GCC, and TI Build Tools.  You would think they would been in the path
already.  If I choose MinGW GCC, I don't have the option to use external
makefiles.  That seems a bit odd, too.
Another issue I am trying to figure out is how to configure the
workspace/project such that CCS doesn't polute RIOT directory.  It asks
where to find the external code and then places the '.cproject' file in
that folder.
This is way more of a pain-in-the-ass than it needs to be, but that seems
to be the open source/gnu way.  "Let's see how ridiculously entangled and
obfuscated we can make this"...