[riot-devel] Working on port to SODAQ Autonomo (SAMD21)

Kees Bakker kees at sodaq.com
Fri Jun 24 22:13:29 CEST 2016

On 13-06-16 14:59, Kaspar Schleiser wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 06/13/2016 10:33 AM, Peter Kietzmann wrote:
>> not 100% sure but probably it is related :-)! Thanks for pointing that
>> out. IMO the naming is a bit weird though...
> Why? The MCU is an samd21. The board which has the samd21 soldered on is
> called samr21. How would you sort them in?

Sorry to revive this thread. But I don't agree. I don't think there is
such a thing as a samd21 MCU.
(Perhaps you can point me to Atmel documentation to prove otherwise.)

The samd21 and the samr21 are very much alike, but so is the saml21, and
the saml22, and
quite a few more.

On Atmel's website the samr21 is described as "Single-chip ARM®
Cortex®-M0+ based
32-bit Microcontroller ...".
--
Kees