[riot-devel] Question regarding CCN-lite and RIOT supported platforms

Adeel Mohammad Malik adeel.mohammad.malik at ericsson.com
Tue Jun 28 17:25:22 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I am writing to inquire about the status of running CCN-lite over the RIOT OS and about the platforms RIOT-OS supports. I am not sure if this is the right mailing list to send my email over but I hope I can be redirected to the right people if needed.

I have a few questions:-

1.       The homepage of RIOT-OS claims that CCN-lite is supported over RIOT. Has that been verified with the latest version of RIOT?

2.       Does CCN-lite only run directly over 802.15.4 or is there a possibility to run it over the IP over 802.15.4?

3.       Is there an estimate of how much RAM is required to run CCN-lite over the RIOT-OS?

4.       We would like to experiment with CCN-lite over the RIOT-OS. There are a lot of platforms listed on the homepage. What we are looking for is a platform that is constrained but at the same time has RAM more than typical constrained platforms. 64 KB of RAM may suffice for our needs. Anything more than that would be even better. We would really appreciate if someone could recommend a platform with RAM >= 64 KB and has been tested to run CCN-lite over RIOT.

/Adeel