[riot-devel] Question regarding CCN-lite and RIOT supported platforms

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Thu Jun 30 10:00:40 CEST 2016

Hi Adeel,

Am 30.06.2016 um 09:42 schrieb Oleg Hahm:
> Hi Adeel,
>
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 07:04:43PM +0000, Adeel Mohammad Malik wrote:
>> Thank you for your reply. It was really helpful. I actually posted another
>> question on the mailing list about STM32F4Discovery and the possibility to
>> run CCN-lite over it with 802.15.4. You have answered that question too.
>>
>> I just have a follow up question about how the setup would look like if I
>> use the Atmel at86rf23x transceiver with STM32F4Discovery. Does the
>> transceiver hook up directly to the STM32F4Discovery board?
>
> For this first question, I'm probably not the best person to answer, so maybe
> others (Peter, Paco, Kaspar?) can help, but AFAIK a viable way could be to buy
> an Openlabs adapter [1] that can be connected over SPI and plug it on the
> Discovery Board.

as Oleg already said, the easiest (and cheapest) solution would be an
openlabs transceiver. Unfortunately the connector configuration is not
compatible with the STM discovery boards but you could use cables
instead. The default pin configuration of the RIOT driver can be found here:

https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/drivers/at86rf2xx/include/at86rf2xx_params.h#L53

There also exist extension boards by Atmel which should work with RIOT,
but I assume the problem of incompatible connectors is the same with STM
boards (cables needed):

http://www.atmel.com/tools/ATZB-A-233-XPRO.aspx

Unfortunately the Microchip MRF24J20 driver is still not in shape but
this might be a cheap solution in future.