[riot-devel] Question regarding CCN-lite and RIOT supported platforms

Adeel Mohammad Malik adeel.mohammad.malik at ericsson.com
Thu Jun 30 17:03:33 CEST 2016

Hi Paco,

Thank you for your response.

What I would really like to understand is how a sensor platform running RIOT OS on 802.15.4 can be communicated with using a computer/laptop. How do I make a laptop talk over 802.15.4 radio with a sensor platform?

I have some experience with the Contiki OS. As far as I remember, there you can achieve this by connecting an 802.15.4 enabled platform to the laptop over a UART-USB bridge. Contiki supports IP over UART. Then the 802.15.4 enabled platform connected to the computer talks to the sensor platform wirelessly over 802.15.4. The sensor platform also run IP over 802.15.4.

/Adeel