[riot-devel] Border-router and multicast

Martine Lenders mail at martine-lenders.eu
Thu May 12 14:10:34 CEST 2016

Hi,

Ah the problem seems to be that for some reason Linux elects a link-local
address for the ping, which is of course due to the fact, that there is no
global address assigned to the interface and that the hop limit seems to be
set to short (it is 1). So I did the following

sudo ip route add ff1e::/16 dev tap0 table local  # add routing entry for
ff1e::1
sudo ip addr add affe::dc53:7dff:fe99:516e/64 dev tap0 # add global unicast
address for tap0
ping6 -t 2 ff1e::1 # ping with hop limit 2

Now I get one reply back, and if you add affe::/64 to the fib of the border
router the ethos interface (wasn't able to test that) it should work.

Cheers,
Martine