[riot-devel] Border-router and multicast

Martine Lenders mail at martine-lenders.eu
Tue May 17 18:06:34 CEST 2016

Hi,

Sorry forgot to answer this.

> I did try but ping6 does not receive anything
> Did you do any more set up?

As I said: I wasn't able to reach the multicast address either (at least
after the first reply + the reply didn't seem to be forwarded by the BR
[something I seem to have forgotton to mention; I just saw it with my
sniffer]), so further investigation needs to be done (e.g. using
`ENABLE_DEBUG` in `gnrc_ipv6.c` or with gdb).

> What is this address dc53:7dff:fe99:516e?

That's the IID of the tap0 interface in my configation at the time (It's
the same as you link-local address has after the `fe80::` part and is
usually derived from the interface's MAC address). But that could have been
basically anything.

Cheers,
Martine