[riot-devel] devel Digest, Vol 39, Issue 11

UniPR alessandro.nicoli at studenti.unipr.it
Sat May 21 21:38:44 CEST 2016


Thanks for the tip Martine, following the readme i've put it in work! 

Saluti,
Alessandro 

> Il giorno 18 mag 2016, alle ore 17:16, devel-request at riot-os.org ha scritto:
> 
> Send devel mailing list submissions to
>    devel at riot-os.org
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>    https://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>    devel-request at riot-os.org
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>    devel-owner at riot-os.org
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of devel digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>   1. gnrc_border_router issue on OpenMote-cc2538 (ALESSANDRO NICOLI)
>   2. Re: gnrc_border_router issue on OpenMote-cc2538 (Martine Lenders)
>   3. Re: gnrc_border_router issue on OpenMote-cc2538
>      (Sumankumar Panchal)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 16:38:23 +0200
> From: ALESSANDRO NICOLI <alessandro.nicoli at studenti.unipr.it>
> To: devel at riot-os.org
> Subject: [riot-devel] gnrc_border_router issue on OpenMote-cc2538
> Message-ID: <C861FC03-94C6-4CD0-8623-381AD2059B31 at studenti.unipr.it>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> 
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to play with the RIOT shell console and networking starting from the gnrc_border_router sample.
> I plugged the openmote device through USB to the Ubuntu machine, but when i try to run the RIOT shell (on the mote) with pyterm, it shows me :
> 
> "RIOT border router example application "
> "All up, running the shell now" 
> 
> but i can't enter any command because the shell doesn't respond.
> If instead i build the project as "native" it works perfectly.
> 
> There is a quick solution?
> 
> thanks a lot and BR,
> Alessandro
> 
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://lists.riot-os.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20160518/eab1e23f/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 16:51:19 +0200
> From: Martine Lenders <mail at martine-lenders.eu>
> To: RIOT OS kernel developers <devel at riot-os.org>
> Subject: Re: [riot-devel] gnrc_border_router issue on OpenMote-cc2538
> Message-ID:
>    <CALHmdRwTStH+cCgzq64RQEQ5OPMGp8FLOHuFxyksdn4uXFO9bQ at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> 
> Hi Alessandro,
> have you checked out the README? You have to run the `gnrc_border_router`
> example with the `dist/tools/ethos/start_network.sh` script, since it
> parallelises stdio and network traffic over the same UART. With pyterm your
> input might be interpreted as network packets.
> 
> Cheers,
> Martine
> 
> 2016-05-18 16:38 GMT+02:00 ALESSANDRO NICOLI <
> alessandro.nicoli at studenti.unipr.it>:
> 
>> Hi all,
>> I'm trying to play with the RIOT shell console and networking starting
>> from the gnrc_border_router sample.
>> I plugged the openmote device through USB to the Ubuntu machine, but when
>> i try to run the RIOT shell (on the mote) with pyterm, it shows me :
>> 
>> *"RIOT border router example application "*
>> *"All up, running the shell now" *
>> 
>> but i can't enter any command because the shell doesn't respond.
>> If instead i build the project as "native" it works perfectly.
>> 
>> There is a quick solution?
>> 
>> thanks a lot and BR,
>> Alessandro
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> devel mailing list
>> devel at riot-os.org
>> https://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://lists.riot-os.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20160518/19ec0ddb/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 20:46:03 +0530
> From: Sumankumar Panchal <suman.panchal at gmail.com>
> To: RIOT OS kernel developers <devel at riot-os.org>
> Subject: Re: [riot-devel] gnrc_border_router issue on OpenMote-cc2538
> Message-ID:
>    <CAEYbr2svKEZ=3T=yZ0uZ6rj6yrJLsE3Gk_YC=1zjmE22vXCZsg at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> 
> Hi Martine,I am unable to ping gnrc_border_router using Zolertia RE-Mote.
> Following is the output of my system terminal.
> ************************************************************
> ******************
> 
> # sudo sh start_network.sh /dev/ttyUSB0 tap0 2001:db8::/64
> net.ipv6.conf.tap0.forwarding = 1
> net.ipv6.conf.tap0.accept_ra = 0
> ----> ethos: sending hello.
> ----> ethos: activating serial pass through.
> ----> ethos: hello reply received
> 
>> ifconfig
> ifconfig
> Iface  6   HWaddr: 00:02:f8:70:f1:21
> 
>           MTU:1500  HL:64  RTR  RTR_ADV
>           Source address length: 6
>           Link type: wired
>           inet6 addr: ff02::1/128  scope: local [multicast]
>           inet6 addr: fe80::202:f8ff:fe70:f121/64  scope: local
>           inet6 addr: ff02::1:ff70:f121/128  scope: local [multicast]
>           inet6 addr: ff02::2/128  scope: local [multicast]
>           inet6 addr: fe80::2/64  scope: local
>           inet6 addr: ff02::1:ff00:2/128  scope: local [multicast]
> 
> ***************************************************************************
> Please suggest what should I try.
> 
> Regards,
> Suman
> 
> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Martine Lenders <mail at martine-lenders.eu>
> wrote:
> 
>> Hi Alessandro,
>> have you checked out the README? You have to run the `gnrc_border_router`
>> example with the `dist/tools/ethos/start_network.sh` script, since it
>> parallelises stdio and network traffic over the same UART. With pyterm your
>> input might be interpreted as network packets.
>> 
>> Cheers,
>> Martine
>> 
>> 2016-05-18 16:38 GMT+02:00 ALESSANDRO NICOLI <
>> alessandro.nicoli at studenti.unipr.it>:
>> 
>>> Hi all,
>>> I'm trying to play with the RIOT shell console and networking starting
>>> from the gnrc_border_router sample.
>>> I plugged the openmote device through USB to the Ubuntu machine, but when
>>> i try to run the RIOT shell (on the mote) with pyterm, it shows me :
>>> 
>>> *"RIOT border router example application "*
>>> *"All up, running the shell now" *
>>> 
>>> but i can't enter any command because the shell doesn't respond.
>>> If instead i build the project as "native" it works perfectly.
>>> 
>>> There is a quick solution?
>>> 
>>> thanks a lot and BR,
>>> Alessandro
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> devel mailing list
>>> devel at riot-os.org
>>> https://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> devel mailing list
>> devel at riot-os.org
>> https://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://lists.riot-os.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20160518/aeb51180/attachment.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Subject: Digest Footer
> 
> _______________________________________________
> devel mailing list
> devel at riot-os.org
> https://lists.riot-os.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> End of devel Digest, Vol 39, Issue 11
> *************************************


More information about the devel mailing list