[riot-devel] Riot on iot-lab

Gaëtan Harter gaetan.harter at inria.fr
Wed May 25 18:10:47 CEST 2016

Hi Oleg,

On 05/25/2016 05:52 PM, Oleg Hahm wrote:
> Hi Alex!
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 09:00:04AM +0200, Alexandre Abadie wrote:
>> Don't know if it's the best place for asking this.
> I think the mailing list is a good place for this discussion. :)
>
>> - adding support of samr21-xpro boards as new custom nodes. Of course, I
>> wrote a firmware code based on RIOT for the continuous integration system
>> ;). But to make it fully compatible with what the CI is expecting, I had to
>> patch slightly the RIOT shell code by removing the echo of the input command
>> and the display of the prompt character ('>'). This patch is based on
>> compiler options (SHELL_NO_PROMPT and SHELL_NO_ECHO) which are not set by
>> default. Would you accept such a contribution ? (I know it doesn't really
>> help RIOT).
> Out of curiosity: what is different for the samr21-xpro nodes compared to the
> "regular" iotlab-m3 nodes where we don't need this patch?
For M3 and A8-M3 nodes, the test firmwares are written using openlab.

For samr21-xpro, as it is not supported by openlab, we thought it would
be a good idea to write this firmware using RIOT.
In the same time it would give us a firmware compilable with platforms
supported by RIOT.

Then, adding support for any RIOT compatible board on IoT-LAB would only
be adding administration code.

Regards,
Gaëtan - IoT-LAB Team