[riot-devel] Border Router: global scope multicast

Jianwen Ouyang jianwen.ouyang at gmail.com
Thu May 26 10:27:13 CEST 2016

Hey,

I encounter some problems when I use samr21-xpro as the border router. I
ran the example as "readme" said.

there is a interface tap0 in linux, which connects to the interface
7(wired) of the border router. There is another interface 6 of border
router which is wireless. I also have another samr21-xpro which runs the
gnrc_networking.

so, here, I use:
A stands for tap0
B stands for interface 7 of border router
C stands for interface 6 of border router
D stands for samr21-xpro which runs the gnrc_netwroking

If I am right, I think A and B belong to the same local network, C and D
belong to the another local network. I can ping6 A and B with local address
and local multicase ff02::1, but I can only ping6 C and D by global address
with 2001:db8::....

Then my question is how to use ff0e::1? it's global scope multicast
address. so I should be able to ping6 C and D by ff0e::1, right?

I have added ff0e::1 to C and D, but not for B. then I ping6 ff0e::1 from
Linux, I got reply, but it's from B. it's weird.

what I want is to use ff0e::1, and I can get reply from D.

Thanks advance for your help~!

Cheers,

Owen