[riot-devel] RIOT Vs Iotivity, AllJoyn, Thread

Baptiste Clenet bapclenet at gmail.com
Mon May 30 09:16:17 CEST 2016

What I can answer from my point of view:
- Iotivity would be great in RIOT, Soletta project [1] imported it for
RIOT, I haven't tried it but it seems to work. I think Riot should have an
implementation of Iotivity directly in its repo (package) so it will be
better maintain.
- AllJoyn, I haven't heard about a port to RIOT but is big and I would
better in Iotivity
- Thread is not high level, it is a network stack based on 6Lowpan and
CoAP. You could add Iotivity in top of Thread for instance. Nevertheless,
it would be great to use Thread on RIOT! By the way, Nest has just released
open source  version of Thread weeks ago called openthread [2]. You could
try to add it to RIOT?

[1]https://github.com/solettaproject/soletta
[2] https://github.com/openthread/openthread

mattia.antonini1 at studenti.unipr.it>:

> Dear  RIOTers ,
> I'm a MSc student and I'm working on RIOT for my thesis. I ask you what is
> the future of RIOT in term of high level protocol like IoTivity, AllJoyn
> and Thread. Is anyone writing a porting of these protocols or is anything
> planned? or, which is the most suitable high level protocol for RIOT? I
> found a thread in this mailing list about this topic, but it is quite old
> and I think something is changed.
> I hope I explained myself well.
> Regards,
> Mattia Antonini