[riot-devel] Notification: Biweekly virtual meeting @ Wed Oct 5, 2016 2pm - 3pm (RIOT Events)

Martine Lenders mail at martine-lenders.eu
Wed Oct 5 16:50:54 CEST 2016

> Hi!
>
> Sorry, couldn't make it, but some comments/questions:
>
> On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 03:16:11PM +0200, Martine Lenders wrote:
>>    * How to prevent server problems we had at the weekend?
>>           * downloads.riot-os.org was moved from kupfer to Kaspar's
>> server due to power outage at FU
>>        * => Kaspar became single point of failure
>>        * Solutions:
>>                   * More people access to kupfer
>>            * Move to server at HAW (smlng can grant access to other people)
>>            * More people access to Kaspar's server?
>
> From my point of view, the most important view is getting rid of this single
> point of failure - independent if it is hosted at FUB, HAW or Hetzner. We
> should have at least one fallback server.
>
>>    * Simon plans to rework GNRC TCP in the extended future (at Hack'n'ACKs?)
>
> Can't we first merge the current solution ASAP and then do the rework?

I don't think it sends a good signal if we merge a PR that was build
against an API we just deprecated... I'd rather do the rework to sock
with Sebastian (and/or Simon) myself than having conn_tcp merged at
this point, since I'm working on sock_tcp for lwIP in the next few
days I think I will gather enough experience (and have enough
preparation) to maybe be able to do this in a few hours with their
guidance.

Cheers,
Martine